Where Solutions Take Shape
Founded in 1968 in Charlotte, North Carolina, Piedmont Plastics is a wholesale distributor of plastic sheet, rod, tube, and film products. Today, they are a North American company with recent regional local ties (as of 2019) in Londonderry, NH, and Agawam, MA, providing an assortment of solutions to their customers by way of delivering expert product knowledge, local inventory, an array of value-added services, all tied together with a comprehensive team approach. This adds to two other locations in the Boston and Albany , NY to complete their coverage of the Northern New England marketplace.
Piedmont takes pride in their approach to being committed to fielding the most knowledgeable sales team in the plastics distribution industry with representation here in the Northeast and across North America. In total, the company employs over 500 people amongst 48 locations with an average tenure of almost 10 years.
In all of their facilities, known as branches, Piedmont offers plastic sheet, rod, tubing and film products that meet the demands of all major markets across a myriad of industries. And with 48 stocking locations throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico, what you need won’t take long to receive.
Strategic Intent and Value Statements:
“We intend to be the premier North American distributor and converter of basic plastic shapes and film. We intend to accomplish this while maintaining the highest level of integrity in all aspects of our activities and in a manner that promotes an enjoyable and profitable working environment for our customers, employees, and suppliers.”
- We intend to add value for our customers and exceed their expectations.
- We act with honesty and integrity.
- We show respect and consideration for others.
- We encourage and support open and clear communication.
- We provide our employees with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- We promote continuous improvement.
- Building and Construction
- Chemical Manufacturing
- COVID-19 Protection
- Displays / Point of Sale
- Exhibit, Trade Show, and Convention Services
- Food Processing and Handling
- Framing and Mounting
- Furniture and Design
- Graphics and Printing
- Heavy and Agricultural Equipment
- Logging and Paper
- Machine Shops
- Material Handling / Conveying
- Medical Equipment
- Oil and Gas
- Plastic and Metal Fabrication
- Security and Protection
- Specialty Vehicle
Piedmont works with suppliers who are largely United States based, promoting reputable brands.
- And much more…
Recycling and Sustainability
Company Conservation Policies
- Ongoing development, implementation, and maintenance of environmental initiatives
- Complying with federal, state, and local environmental laws, regulations, and requirements
- Proactively reducing resource consumption and waste generation
- Eliminating or minimizing adverse environmental impact from our business operations
- Providing eco-friendly products and services to our customers
Piedmont Plastics actively supplies a wide range of ecofriendly materials that provide sustainable solutions for their customers. Many of the plastics products they serve are recycled, recyclable, or biodegradable. Their diverse assortment of materials meets the environmental demands of many different industries and applications.
Piedmont also operates a recycling program that is utilized within each branch, offering this program to their customers and wherever scrap material is being produced. A lot of this is used in the signage and graphics industry. An example is selling plastics to a print shop or a sign shop who may take a sheet of material and then cut out that material what the exact specifications they need for whatever signs they’re making, which obviously leads to some waste. That expended material will find its way into a Piedmont provided Gaylord box which comes with it the service of coming out to pick it up and then send it back to the supplier that manufactured the material so they can best render it back into the manufacturing stream. Piedmont also has agreements with local recycling yards for those materials that do not go back to their origin source ensuring proper recycling as a direct end result.
Benefits of Piedmont Plastics Recycling Program into the Operative Flow:
- Reduces landfill contribution costs
- Allows for a clean and organized work environment
- Decreases carbon footprint
- Eliminates the hassle out of sorting through miscellaneous plastic scrap material
The Pursuit of Excellence
Piedmont Plastics is focused on safety, quality, with a commitment towards continuous improvement. They invest in:
- Quality materials
- Comprehensive training programs
Other value add initiatives for their customer base (outside of the recycling program outlined above) include:
- Cut-to-Size services for plastic sheet, rod, and tube products utilizing a variety of available cutting technologies such as CNC panel saws, guillotines, planing, and laser cutting. The team specializes in maximizing yields and tolerance while maintaining adherence to high-quality standards.
- Finish and Semi-Finish Parts enable the delivery of quality turnkey finished parts for customers located throughout North America. Piedmont provides industry-leading CNC routing and machining services, as well as many other value-added alternatives such as heat bending, gluing, and assembly.
- ISO Certified Film Conversion capable of meeting the diverse needs of markets across the country. Piedmont’s film conversion facilities specialize in converting and distributing plastic film based on exact specifications and requirements. In addition to providing plastic film materials, they can provide a full array of film conversion services to customers including:
- Precision guillotine cutting
- And more…
Piedmont Plastics locations in the Northeast include:
8 Liberty Dr
Londonderry, NH 03053 603-669-2727
Branch Manager: Jeff Longden
360 Cedar Hill St. #100
Marlborough, MA 01752
Branch Manager: Jaime Lemos
619 Silver St.
Agawam, MA 01001
Branch Manager: Lee Pascoe
4 Access Rd.
Albany, NY 12205
Branch Manager: Dawn Carden